Guildwars Sea of Sorrows

on Saturday 15 March 2014
After having read Ghosts of Ascalon, Seas of Sorrow was next up in my list of to-read. This book is amazing. I like Ree Soesbee's style much more than that of the writer of Ghosts of Ascalon. The difference is night and day in comparison to GoA. The writer uses slightly harder to understand words, yet so far, I've managed to understand. I googled if I came across some words I didn't knew.

This book has a much better sense of time and pacing is more balanced. It feels like everything is in place. I like how you can read how the great city of Lions Arch rose and Orr rose; how influencial chracters of the rich lore fit into the larger picture. It's all in much detail described and nothing left untold. The characters grew on me much more than they did in Ghosts of Ascalon.

I'm almost through with this book as I've read most of it by now. I've started reading this book about two weeks ago while on vacation in Austria. Great read. If you haven't read this one, than definitly pick it up. Really recommend this one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment